Any fresh berries will work in this sauce for the Medicine Wheel Cured Salmon. Use organic frozen berries if seasonal fruit is unavailable.
Strawberry SauceOctober 17, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rich Francis
- 2 cups (500 ml) strawberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 Tsp (15 ml) black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of vanilla bean
- 6 sprigs thyme
- Small bunch of white sage
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until flavours start to come together and mixture starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Sauce should be thinner than jam, but not too runny.
- Add lemon juice to taste (sauce should be tangy).
This is one of Chef Rich Francis’ signature dishes. Serves 4...
Use this crunchy Salmon Crackling to top Chef Rich Francis' Medicine Wheel Cured Salmon...
From coast to coast, virtually every indigenous nation has a bannock recipe....
This is a fuss-free go-to for Erica Ward, a coordinator at Natoaganeg Food Centre. Toss so...
These fish cakes are simple but naturally delicious. Yields approximately 24 fish cakes....
Chef Rich Francis used duck fat to fry up this free-formed sausage, but any oil will do....
Chef Francis often uses corn, beans and squash – the trinity of indigenous horticulture ...