Fresh flavours and great colours are what summer meals are all about.
Summer Broccoli SaladJune 15, 2012 Print
Recipe courtesy of Phyllis Bowles
- 3 cups (750 ml) broccoli, chopped bite size
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) raisins
- 1 red onion
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- In a large bowl toss the broccoli, carrots, raisins and onion together.
- Blend dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Mix desired amount of dressing into salad and refrigerate what you don’t use.
- Garnish with a handful of nuts.
This recipe was featured in the article Best Summer salads.