Use this traditional buttercream on its own or add a bit of zest from citrus fruits or aromatic herbs such as lavender or rosemary.
Vanilla Almond ButtercreamNovember 26, 2013 Print
Recipe courtesy of Jody Waugh, Seahorse Sweets
- 2 cups (500 ml) softened, unsalted butter
- 5 1/2 Tbsp (82.5 ml) coffee cream, brought up to room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) clear vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 8 cups (2 L) icing sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream, almond, vanilla and salt.
- Sift the icing sugar and add to main bowl of wet ingredients and mix. (For stand mixers, all at once; for hand mixers, one cup at a time.) This will yield enough icing to fill and cover a three-layer, 9-inch round cake.
P.E.I. baker Jennifer Prinz says this cake is perfect for colder weather....
Dawn Lee says besides chocolate cake, vanilla remains one of the top sellers at her bakery...
The cream-cheese icing on this carrot cake helps balance out its spices and sweetness. It'...
This cake is a family favourite at Glynnis Kennedy’s home in Newfoundland. The orange fl...