This Indian classic will wow your next dinner guests, but features spices you probably already have in your cupboard. Serves 4
Web exclusive: Chicken vindalooOctober 18, 2017 Print
Recipe courtesy of Shivani Dhamija
Ingredients:For the chicken:
- 8 pieces chicken, bone in
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) onion
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) ginger garlic paste
- 10-12 dried red chilies
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) vinegar
- 8 cloves
- ½ inch (2.5 cm) cinnamon stick
- 8 peppercorns
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp (15 ml) vegetable or canola oil
- salt to taste
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes in red chili paste, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, and salt.
- In pan, heat oil and sauté the onions until brown.
- Add marinated chicken, chopped tomatoes, and water.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
This condiment will add kick to your chicken vindaloo. Moisture will reduce its shelf life...
This oven-fresh naan is just the trick for soaking up every drop of curry gravy. 40 pieces...
Raita can be flavoured with mango or pineapple. This cucumber version is cooling with a wa...
Pair that rich, curry gravy with a light, fluffy rice. Serves 2 ...
The humble potato stars in this spice-packed side dish. ...
This simple recipe calls for a pressure cooker, but if you don’t have one you can boil t...