*Online exclusive* A creamier, livelier take on a spicy lunch condiment, this Kimchi mayo will become a household staple. Take it to the next level with some homemade Kimchi.
Kimchi mayoDecember 4, 2016 Print
Recipe courtesy of Dennis MacDonald, The 1809, Miramichi, N.B.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cup Canola oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Sriracha
- several tsp of water
- ½ cup Kimchi
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place egg yolks into bowl and add mustard, Sriracha, and lemon juice. Whisk together until smooth.
- In a steady slow stream, add oil to yolk mixture while whisking to create the emulsion. Continue to add oil until mixture starts to thicken. You can add few drops of water to loosen mixture up then continue to add oil.
- Once completely incorporated, transfer to food processor, then add kimchi and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor you can just finely chop the kimchi and fold it into the mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for up to one week.
*Online exclusive* This recipe might seem daunting, but if you spread out preparation over...
*Online exclusive* These carrots are fragrant and tart, and would complement any sandwich ...
*Online exclusive*A Japanese spice blend, Togarashi is an umami-packed powder that go on n...
These pickled sea beans and chimichurri mignonette are a creative take on the classic acco...
During oyster hour, Chef Michael Smith offers this zesty, boozy accompaniment to Fortune B...
Perfect for a cold night, these oysters are rich, savoury, and creamy, and sure to impress...
Bright, fresh salsa is a perfect accompaniment to an oyster’s salty, sweet texture....
These oysters make an equally good hors d’oeuvre or taco....