Quiche looks fancy, but it’s simple to cook the day before and reheat in the morning.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Cormier, Codroy Valley, N.L., reprinted with permission from Dietitians of Canada
- 1 tsp butter
- 7 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add spinach, sauté for 3–4 minutes or until wilted.
- Spread spinach in a 9-inch (23 cm) ceramic or glass quiche dish or pie plate. Sprinkle with feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until blended; whisk in milk and pepper until frothy. Pour over the spinach mixture. Using a spoon, stir gently, just enough to make sure the egg mixture covers most of the spinach mixture.
- Bake 35–40 min or until a knife inserted into centre comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.